Tuesday, January 26, 2010

P-R-O-U-D!!!!

My English/Globaloria class is a group of Spring Semester, 4th Block Seniors who do not display your typical Spring Semester, 4th Block Senior-itis qualities.  They are fearless and willing to do "Whatever It Takes" to get the job done.  They are excited.  They are energized.  What they don't already know they are willing to learn through personal exploration or collaborative questioning. 

Today, I was attending a county meeting at Coonskin.  During the time of 4th block, I turned on my netbook and logged into gmail just in case they had any questions about the assignment I had left them on my blog.  In short, I gave them direction on how to register with blogger, begin working on their blog design, explore the world of the blogosphere, continue working on their wikis, and check out each other's progress.  I ended up working with the kids via Instant Message while looking at their wikis and blogs from 15 miles away!  It was an awesome virtual teaching moment.  I'm so proud of them for what they were able to figure out via my instruction, from each other, and through trial and error!

Keep up the good work, Macaronis!!!!!!  I'm so PROUD of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment